15 April 2007

Up and At'em

I have made a decision:

I am going to start getting up early.

And I mean early.

Like, as if I had a real job... like 6 or 7 am early.

I just feel so much more productive throughout the course of the day when I get up in the morning. Plus, I need to start getting into the habit, since my classes start at 9 every morning next semester. That's quite a change from the noon start I've been enjoying for the entirety of my sophomore year. And since we're in an apartment next year, I'll be able to get up and putter around, making coffee and watching the news quietly that early in the morning without waking my roomie, since we'll finally not be living in one room. We'll have two!

I feel special because of it.

But anyway, I'm going to get up, and go somewhere for the rest of the mornings. I'll probably go sit at Starbucks, even though my wallet won't like that. Maybe I'll make my own coffee, smuggle it in inside a travel mug, and hope they don't notice that I'm taking up space without buying anything.

I suppose we will find out if this will actually happen come monday, since my reputation for setting these goals and never acheiving them is sort of bad. There just seems to be something so appealing to the thought of being awake before everyone else in the spring. I don't know what it is.

I suppose the fact that if I don't get up early, then I'm not going to have ANY time to myself or to even get work done for the next week sort of makes it more appealing too. I need my me time, and tech week for the opera won't exactly make that easy. Basically I'm going to leave my room for class in the morning, and I won't see it again until we all return to campus at midnight.

In other news, I started looking for Grad schools and PhD programs yesterday and had a minor freak out that really threw me back into highschool... But I really don't want to talk about it, so I'm not going to.

In craft related news, I have a lot of projects lined up for this summer and I've vowed to myself that I'm going to get a head-start on Christmas prezzies this year, since this past christmas was SO stressful because I hadn't.

I'm planning on teaching myself how to quilt this summer, as well as continuing to sew and all my other things. My hopes is to be able to set up an etsy shop soon. I've already got a name for it, and a logo all designed up. It's just the nothing to sell in it thing that's stopping me.

And in closing, look at this DNA strand made of newspapers!





-lc

No comments: