14 September 2007

Nothin' like a good kick in the behind to wake you up...


So this past week has given me a giant kick in the ass. Herodotus is incredibly interesting, but alas... very slow going. I don't know what it is that makes it so hard to wade through, because (not to sound full of it or anything,) I am a very fast reader. We're talking about a girl who finished the Fifth Harry Potter book in just under 12 hours. However, it's taking me upwards of two hours to just get through 50 pages. It's really quite frustrating to me, because I'm so used to being able to finish a book within two days of starting it.


Speaking of Herodotus, reading it on benches outside seems to induce a myriad of interesting experiences. Firstly, this flock of little birdies decided that they were my new friends on Wednesday. It was pretty amazing, because wild animals, even the ones on campus that are really used to people, have always hated me. Why? Well I couldn't tell you. But these little guys decided they liked me, (or whatever was in the grass directly in front of me). I felt like Mary Poppins sitting there with birds milling around my feet.


Unfortunately, all animals do not like me. I discovered this little gem in my music collection on Thursday. Our wonderful little Rusalka had gotten at it and I hadn't noticed apparently. Grrr... Oh well. My voice teacher does mention how unused my voice books always look. So I guess this solves that.


Food, I have decided, will be my stress reliever this semester. Actually, I didn't so much decide as I did notice. There was no decision involved. So as of Monday, I have made one. I'm attempting to change that stress reliever to running on the treadmill since I've gained some circumference in my stomach/hips area that's not just regular growth. I haven't gained weight, funnily enough, but probably about an inch around. Which is not really a big deal cosmetically, because I was a size 2 to begin with. However, because it's probably my muscles are atrophying, I really should do something about that. Muscles aren't supposed to be atrophying at the tender age of 20... I've got a few more years to go before that's acceptable. So I've been trying my best to go running at least 5 times a week.

In other news, ZOMG! The sky actually does get the color it looks like on CSI: Miami (although admittedly cloudier and not fake)!



-l.c.

No comments: