04 October 2007

I Am a Magician...

... and my talent is...

Making extra stitches appear out of thin air!

Behold my genius:


I am, apparently, just not cut out for knitting. I have NO IDEA how that managed to happen, nor do I know how I possibly could have missed the fact that it was happening. I am also unaware of how I managed to get it back down to the correct number of stitches after adding so many.

This was all done unwittingly. Well, except for the frogging about 50 rows to get rid of it. I was very aware that I was doing that.

This strange knitting experience was just the icing on the cake after a hellish couple of days academically. In the past twenty four hours alone, I have written 2 papers, one being a 7 page literary criticism on Melville's Benito Cereno. That was the main problem, considering I was convinced it was due on Tuesday of next week.

Nope, I am not that lucky. It was due at 9:25 this morning, and that fact was only brought to my attention through pure chance at 9:30 last night. Good thing I'm a fast writer... The paper is complete crap, but it was only a first draft, so it's not being given a number grade. However I'm sure my teacher's opinion of me is going to drop significantly lower.

So now that both papers are handed in, I'm going to go veg on the the couch and try and work this scarf up to it's pre-frogging status, only this time without the magical appearing and disappearing stitches.

-l.c.

No comments: