29 October 2007

I want these...


I screamed when I saw this amazing creation on Instructables this weekend. Wow. Just... wow. Seeing these really makes me wish I had a boy relative who wasn't over the age of 15. I would be the coolest cousin/sister/whatever ever if I made these as a gift for said imaginary relative.

I mean, I would totally make it for myself despite the fact that I am a 20 year old woman who is well past the days of having video game paraphernalia in my room, because I totally am a geeky techie girl at heart... but quite frankly, there's not enough space in my room at home, and I don't need another bookshelf at school.

Maybe I can convince my mother that we need a set of these in the basement. We could use them for fabric storage and arrange it according to color! That way if you look at them, each shelf is full of the same color that shape has in the game! WOOOOO!

Oh man, I'm such a nerd. But I love it.

And when I have my own sewing room, I'm so totally doing that.

So if you're a nerd like me, and love tetris and bookshelves, then go over to Build a Tetris DVD (or book) Shelf on Instructables, and check it out.

In other news, I'm going home for a few days at the end of this week, so I'll be returning with black yarn so I can resume work on the afghan, along with the bits and pieces I have of Christmas Prezzies (although you won't see those until after they've been given). I'll also have some puppy update photos, and undoubtedly a better outlook on life when I get back. So I've got a lot to do, and a lot to look forward to.

But for now, I'm going to knit a little before dinner and enjoy my cheater's cappachino that I made with my left over coffee from this morning.

-l.c.

No comments: