06 October 2007

Progress... Finally...

The scarf is finally making progress, despite the frogging. It's probably about 4 feet long now.


Stage Two of the afghan flowers was moving along at a nice little clip for a while, but alas, that's come to a halt due to the fact that I am now out of black yarn. Boooooooo.


But I got enough done that it still makes me feel accomplished and fuzzy inside when I look at them. I can't seem to keep myself from playing with them. They're not even finished yet, as there's a contrast round and one more black round to be added yet, but I still can't stop picking them up and turning them over, admiring my handiwork. I keep arranging them as if I was going to put the afghan together, and then rearranging, even though I only have 4 and a half colors done (I've got 2 more bright blue flowers that need to be done yet). Here's an example of what happens when I play with them:


Give it a week and looking at them will no longer be satisfying enough, and I'll instead begin twitching when I look at them, yet can't do more. I only have to wait until Halloween though, because I'm going home and will be able to pick up more black yarn. Damn my lack of car at school...

OR...

Maybe when my boy picks me up to bring me to visit out there, we'll pass a mall on the road that has a big JoAnn's or Michaels, and he'll let me stop really quick!

I could only be so lucky!

We haven't had a puppy picture in a while, so...


-l.c.

No comments: