11 November 2007

Let the Holidays Commence...


Well, you know it's officially the holiday season when Starbucks starts using the Christmas cups, and I'm seen walking across campus with a Peppermint Mocha in hand. Nothing says "ITS ALMOST THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS!" to me like a Peppermint Mocha. And they always start serving them right when I hit that slump in the semester when I most need it.

As for the semester, my scholarly motivation is lacking, but my crafty motivation is through the roof, which is both a blessing and a curse. It means I'm making headway on Christmas gifts, but it also means I'm letting some things go academically until the last minute that I really shouldn't. I always end up kicking myself when it comes down to the line, but I never seem to learn.

I've got two or three presents mostly done, but for everyone else I'm still sort of in the planning phase. I make list after list, and idea sheet after idea sheet. I think maybe once December hits, I'm going to start posting quick crafty gift tutorial ideas every day. I've certainly got enough bookmarked, that's for sure. A few other blogs(far more popular than mine) are doing it as well, so I will try to keep it a bit different than what's being posted everywhere else...

As for that blue scarf, it's probably 5 and a half feet long now...

No comments: