02 January 2009

An open letter to my bank account...

Dear Bank Account,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.


I have discovered the wonders that are non-acrylic yarns. And bamboo needles. And LYS experiences even when they consume gas at an alarming rate due to the drive.

So, in addition to all the acrylics I buy when they're on sale at Michael's or Joann's, you will now be depleted by much more high quality products as well. And they probably won't be on sale.

On the bright side, you can look at it this way: Maybe now that I'm buying higher end yarns, my expensive designer purse habit will gradually come to an end.


(But I doubt it.)

Sincerely,

l.c.

5 comments:

RiaRe said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog regarding the fingerless gloves. I like them because they are not restrictive and also because they are so simple to knit. :-)

Love your blog!!!!

Iron Needles said...

Haha! Welcome to the dark side...what's so ironic for me is how my mother thought acrylics were the cat's meow. So easy to care for! Wash and dry! Sooo easy peazy!

Iron Needles said...

ps...thanks for reading and your comments, too.

Lupie said...

I thinks acrylics have a bad rap. Along with snooty knitters(those who look down on crocheters)
There are snooty yarners. I blogged about the snooty knitters I am inspired to blog about the snooty yarners.

Timiae said...

I love your blog! I remember my first experience with the lys-quality yarns... pure love and, though I do love my workhorse yarns still, my wallet cringes as I pull up into the yarn store parking lot.