16 February 2009

I have a problem...

Okay, I'm admitting it...


I am addicted to purses.

I was cleaning my room up, reorganizing it so I can bear to breathe again (not to mention actually get some work done) when I realized it. I began to pull purses off out of the wire cubes they're stored in so I can put them back in an organized fashion, and they just kept coming... Purse after purse.

In the pile above I counted around forty purses. And that's not even counting the expensive name brands, which I keep in a separate, safer place...


...those number nine plus three wristlets not pictured here.

It's a serious problem. Clearly. I don't even want to think what all these cost me in total. I'm trying not to think about it, instead continuing to remind myself that all but one of the Coach bags were gifts, two of the Dooney's were hand me down's from my very generous Aunt, and with three more being gifts.

But still, the drain on my wallet merely from the first pile scares me. So, with the blogosphere as my witness, I'm putting a 6 month moratorium on new purses. I need a functioning laptop cozy, that I may purchase, but other than that, nothing. And I mean nothing. And all of you out there need to hold me to that.

In other news, I've begun to teach myself how to use circs! It's just a simple scarf/cowl (I haven't decided which yet) in a basket weave type stitch. I hated using them at first, but I seem to be getting used to it. They certainly seem to be a bit easier on my wrists, but I think that's because I HAD to adjust the way I hold the needles in order to actually use them. We'll see when I go back to a project on straights!


-l.c.

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Hmmmm....I am not sure but you may be one of my daughters....

It came to me when you said the designer bags were kept separate. I stumbled over her 'separate stash' last visit. (It was in the closet I used. I wasn't snooping!)I was astounded! "But Mom, it was a super duper triple sale, and marked down after that! And it was the grandbebe's birthday, too!"

Yeah, right. And now she has a Kate Spade.

zcrescendo said...

Well, at least purses are functional. You could have an addiction to buying things that aren't useful, like crack, for instance. Or is that the subject of your next post? ;)

lara griffiths said...

wow you truly are the handbag queen.
:)
i think there is a monthly club to help the addiction. something about sending you one handbag and when you return it they send you another... kinda like netflix.

cirs are great. really helps take the stress off.

Megan said...

I have so much trouble not buying new purses when the season changes. I can't possibly use my "fall bag" in the spring right?

Fran said...

I understand your addiction. I love them, too. My restraint is that I think, "How much yarn could I buy with that money?"