16 March 2009

Lunaticraft: The St. Patrick's Day Edition!


Happy St. Patty's Day! Even if it is a day early, and I don't even have a speck of Irish in me. And to celebrate the occasion, I present to you a link to 4-leaf Clovers: A Finder's Guide via Instructables. Now, if you're stuck in the northeast like me, then in all probability, your yard and local parks are currently hideous mud pits, barren of all green. In that case, you can make your own, as I have, with a great crochet pattern for a 4-leafer. The pattern is quick, easy, and has great results!


As for my St. Patty's day plans? They're technically over, as I'm working tomorrow. But despite that fact, they were a lot of fun. As I mentioned, I had made plans to go into Scranton to see their parade, and I did just that. I live fairly nearby, and have a ton of friends who are at University there, so I have become really very familiar with Scranton, and have come to love it as a city. And the parade just made me love it more. It was hugely long, with more bagpipers than I could count. And I like bagpipers. A lot. Everything is better with marching bagpipers.


The day was beautiful, warm, and bright, although slightly overcast (I apologize for the "blown out" appearance of the sky in these photos. I was still a little too tipsy to bother messing with the white balance at the time). I had a great time with some great friends. The Irish coffee was wonderful, and the Jameson even better. (Now a disclaimer: I'm not a big drinker, and I don't like being drunk, so I didn't overdo it. I don't want the interweb thinking I'm some sort of drunkard.) But it was just the right balance of fun and friends to make the weekend amazing. And did I mention the bagpipers?


They were superb. All eleventy-billion of them.

Oh, and I can't forget the marching bands. The army dudes were the best, although the local high schools were certainly nothing to turn my nose at!


Gotta love those sousaphones!

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone! =D

-l.c.

3 comments:

adrienne said...

Wow, sounds like fun! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

DrChopSuey said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Great pictures! Happy St. Pat's Day L.C.!

zcrescendo said...

"Now a disclaimer: I'm not a big drinker, and I don't like being drunk, so I didn't overdo it. I don't want the interweb thinking I'm some sort of drunkard."

Good thing you mention that. I, for one, was about to start just that very rumor. ;)

I think it's my turn to be a bit jealous. Looks like the day was great.