16 August 2009

Andddd... a little bragging...

Look what I got! Options Interchangeable Nickel Plated Circs!


They were a belated birthday gift from my aunt and uncle. We just never seemed to be in town at the same time.

I'm so excited to try these babies out. These have much nicer tips than the ones I'm used to using, and I suspect this will be the key to making the swallowtail shawl happen. I've had to restart that thing at least six times now, and it's currently totally frogged. The sharper tips should make going a lot smoother.

I'm so excited!


Haha, I'm such a nerd. But I love it.

-l.c.

9 comments:

adrienne said...

Awesome! What a great present :)
I hope they help with the Swallowtail!

DrChopSuey said...

Hey -- I just got mine in the mail last week as well! I already CO for a new project and I'm loving it. I have the Denise plastic interchangables, but the metal tips are nice with the yarn that I'm working with. Hope you love them as much as I do (I'm sure you will!). Have fun! :)

Timiae said...

You're going to love it! I don't know how I lived without my Options set before... I have the Harmony tips, but am interested in trying out the Zephyr set as well.

Fran said...

Ha ha ha! That's cute. What a great gift.

Sara said...

Very nice! I've been wondering about those interchangeable tip kits.

Lisa said...

Ohhh I've been wanting to buy a set of these for ages but haven't wanted to pay the cash if they're not worth it. How are the interchange points, the joins? I magic loop EVERYTHING so I'm afraid of my yarn snagging over corners and such :)

Abbey said...

Congratulations!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine, and also don't know how I ever lived without them. They made lace possible for me too!! FYI...don't try to hand tighten them without the little key thingy. I did once and the results were a disaster....but I've never had trouble when I've used the key!!! Enjoy!!!

Lupie said...

Ok so meet another nerd. They look nice but do they work well? I got the Atti Clicks but they just aren't good for my Lupie hands so I gave them to my daughter.

Megan said...

Very nice! Happy birthday and happy knitting! Be sure and give us a thorough review.