13 August 2009

Mini Matryoshki


It's been switching between slamming, crashing thunderstorms and beautiful, unimpeded sunshine about every two hours since I last wrote. As a result, I've been caught in between moods, unable to settle into one particular one. Its either "Lets run around, play outside, toss the Frisbee!" or "Snuggle on the couch with tea and CSI reruns." While this is not so much a problem for me, as I'm currently enjoying my week vacation before the rush of the semester starts again, I'm afraid the animals are beginning to get confused and disoriented by my mood swings. One minute I'm up and getting the leash, the next it has begun to pour again and I am back in my pillow cave on the couch, Rusalka left at the door looking disoriented.


I feel so bad that I might just suck it up and take her for a walk in the rain. Well, so long as the lightning stops.


The one bright side of the schizoid weather has been that I got my paintings finished! As soon as I made the first paint stroke, it became pretty clear that my acrylics need replacing. All sorts of nastiness going on in those little tubes. But I kept plugging away anyway, and ended up with a result that I'm pretty happy with considering everything.


I do need to invest in a teeny tiny detail brush though. The toothpicks simply didn't do it.


Oh, and the sassy one is still my favorite. =D

-l.c.

8 comments:

zcrescendo said...

Wow, the matryoshki came out great! Here's hoping the weather gets nice soon. (Although I liked your use of "schizoid weather" - it's a term that's worthy of making it onto the GRE practice test I'm about to take - argh!)

Abbey said...

These came out lovely! I haven't picked up a paint brush for a decade....seeing your tube of Basic brings back memories. The perfect thing to celebrate "schizoid weather"!!

Lupie said...

All are so purrty!

adrienne said...

Oh, they're so awesome! And yes, this summer has been full of crazy weather.

Iron Needles said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good summer. Love the painting.

Timiae said...

Love! They look great!

DrChopSuey said...

They are so cute!

lara griffiths said...

gosh. too much talent... ;)

my fav is the last one but they are all soooo wonderful!