02 October 2009

Wha? Fall? When did that happen?


Autumn has clearly sprung early here in the Northeast, with no hope of abating. One minute it's tank top and shorts weather, and the next I'm dragging out my sweaters and long pants. I guess that's what I get for letting September get away from me. And August. And July. And let's not even talk about June.


So the weather has turned, and with it, I have finally caught up with everything I was behind on. Except my thesis. But we're really not going to talk about that. Hopefully I can put a tiny dent in that process this coming week, now that I'm up to date on everything else.

Hopefully, I'll be back on track, and maybe even have some extra time to play Frisbee with the pups (who has gotten shockingly little attention from me over the past few weeks, and I feel so guilty about it), or *gasp* get something substantial done craft wise!


That's not to say I've been totally negligent of my knitting (or the pups for that matter... no Frisbee, but a lot of love!). I did get quite a bit done on my Swallowtail Shawl, which is finally working now that I've got my awesome new KnitPicks Options. I'm twelve repeats into the Budding Lace pattern courtesy of the Daily Show and Colbert Report, and it's going swimmingly. I am a little apprehensive about the nupps that are coming up in the next pattern shift, but I found a great online tutorial for them that I hope will make the going a little less scary. I should be hitting them within the next day or two, and I'm hoping to be totally done and blocking in a weeks time.

But we all know what happens when I set goals for myself (I fail...), so, maybe I shouldn't say that.

But here's hoping anyway. And now, I'm off to do some reading about 19th century New York City.


WOOHOOO!! (And that's only half sarcastic!)

-l.c.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have such great pictures!! What is your thesis on?

Jennifer

zcrescendo said...

I love your color choices on the shawl thus far (for what my opinion is worth).

Is it just me, or does coffee appear in every one of your pictures involving books? I wouldn't at all be surprised if that was intentional.

Amanda said...

The shawl is looking great- love the colour.

adrienne said...

Very pretty shawl so far! And I love the pictures :)

Timiae said...

Seriously, fall did kind of creep up on me too! I'm so glad for the weather, though.

Can't wait to see the shawl when it's finished. I've been collecting patterns (ok, yarn too) since the lace/shawl bug has been itching me.

petrina said...

can't wait to see your completed swallowtail!

DrChopSuey said...

I love the color of your shawl and can't wait to see it!

And your pups love you - don't worry! :)

And the thesis... "You can do it!" (Rob Schneider voice in WaterBoy).

Lupie said...

This is such a beautiful shawl I wish I could do lace.
Someday I will be able to do it and this shawl will be on the list.

Maria said...

your blog is so great. I can feel your energy as I move all around your blog. Love it.

You always comment on mine and I don't know how to communicate with you via Personal Message. Here is my new blog site: http://cookingwithlove-maria.blogspot.com/
Feel free to check it out and follow it as well.
Take care and thanks for always leaving such nice comments on my blog.

Maria