30 November 2009

First Musical Monday of Advent!

Happy Musical Monday (aka Music to Knit By Monday) everyone!

I am currently in the middle of a crazy crush of school work... some major things due in the next 48 hours (and saying it as 48 hours instead of two days makes me panic just a hair more!). So, this post will be just a solitary Musical Monday for now. I've got some major FOs to show off from the holiday weekend, so I'll update you once everything is in on Wednesday.

For now though, it's the first Musical Monday of the Christmas Season! This round of holidays is my absolute favorite, along with the music that goes with it.

Our selection today is a classical piece by Benjamin Britten, "This Little Babe." It's part of a larger work called A Ceremony of Carols, but this is by far my favorite movement. Traditionally it's sung with boy's voices (boy's choir) for the soprano and alto, but I personally prefer the sound of adult voices on this one. I think I'm biased because I love singing it (as an adult) myself. Plus girls aren't allowed in boys choirs, so shit on that.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this and the upcoming month (and one week due to my Russian Orthodoxy! I love the two Christmas thing. Seriously) of various Holiday music!



-l.c.

4 comments:

zcrescendo said...

What a cool selection. Thanks for taking the time to share it, even though you're so busy! (I can sympathize, because today my 12-hour work days begin again until the end of the week. Yikes!)

Lupie said...

What a great way to start my day! Just beautiful thank you.

lara griffiths said...

love it!

adrienne said...

Lovely! I'm not a fan of Christmas music, to be honest... But it's very nice to hear things I haven't heard!

I hope you made it through your very busy time, and got a chance to relax!