08 November 2009

Fit as a Fiddle and Ready for Yarn!


Finding the Summit Yarn Studio has opened up a whole new world for me in terms of fiber. So much softness! So many options! The possibilities are so wonderfully overwhelming!


With the help of Mary Ellen (the shop owner), I made my first forays into the luxury yarn world (or at least it's luxury to me after working with only acrylic all these years!) and I'm loving it.


I picked up a ball each of alpaca and merino, for use in one skein projects, and three hanks of Silky Tweed in a beautiful chestnut brown with flecks of awesomeness, which I hope to use for my mom's Christmas present. She's got a coat that matches it perfectly.


As soon as I could after I brought it home, I used the alpaca to cast on for the Collared One Button Scarf that I had spoken about last post. So far it's going well. I learned the cable cast on for it, and while it took me a few tries, I think I've got the hang of it. I do suspect that my gauge has changed since I swatched (I undid the swatch to conserve yarn, which I probably shouldn't have done), but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not going to make too much of a difference. I'll keep you posted. It's going to be super cute.


Speaking of super cute, there has been a slight break in the weather the past two days, which has done me a world of good. My sinuses acted up again on Friday night, way siding me for any weekend festivities, but after sleeping well into the afternoon on Saturday I woke up fit as a fiddle (and ready for love? Not so much, but yarn? Yes!). Combined with the warm weather, my dad, the pups, and I were able to get some Frisbee time in.


Isn't she freaking adorable?

-l.c.

PS - I now have Fit as a Fiddle stuck in my head, and I hope you all do too! Gene Kelly = Love.

3 comments:

Lupie said...

The yarn looks great and so does the puppy!

adrienne said...

Oooh, lovely yarns! And adorable dog :)

(I kind of want to steal her)

lara griffiths said...

cute puppy!!!!