21 November 2009

Flashin' the stash...


I've been stocking up on stash for Christmas presents and other various things to work on over the Thanksgiving holidays, courtesy of Summit Yarn Studio's amazing selection, and I think it's time for my first official bloggy stash flash.

First up is the Lamb's Pride worsted, which will hopefully become a Summit Yarn Chullo (ravelry link). The colors are more accurate in the closeup below.


Some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a pinky color, for a pair of mitts, also probably for me.


Next, a whole slew of Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed Chunky in various colors. I think they will be hats... The tan is an extra skein to finish up my dad's Irish Hiking Scarf, and we'll have to see how much I have to use. My optimistic side is telling me that I'll have enough for a simple matching hat at the end, but reality will probably prove that impossible. I'll keep hoping though!




And last, but what I'm most excited about is... Noro! It's the worsted weight stuff, Kureyon(? I'm too lazy to go look at the label right now for the proper spelling), and I can't wait to try it out. The blue and grey skein is going to be a hat for my brother (he has requested a Thelonius Monk style hat... We'll see how close I can get to that), and then the pinky green one is going to be something for me. Maybe a little scarflet of some kind. Or maybe mitts. I don't know yet, but I'm excited about it none the less.



I think this is going to be the last of my stashing for a few weeks... I've got plenty of projects to last me through the holidays. Or at least until I get paid again. After all, car insurance comes before yarn... sadly. ;D

-l.c.

5 comments:

lara griffiths said...

lady your stash makes me jealous!

:)

Amanda said...

Those knitting needles ate going to be on fire!

zcrescendo said...

Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished products!

I have to admit I did a double take when I saw your title, by the way.

Iron Needles said...

Some really excellent yarnage there. Do you know...that I live less than 2 hours from Brown Sheep Mill? And they have an outlet store where they sell all their good and fun stuff for way good prices? And one of the sister's is local, so at the local festivals and fairs, one of the sisters is usually there with their goods, so we don't even have to go all the way to Nebraska?
Lamb's pride and all that? Way cheap!

DrChopSuey said...

I'm drooling!