23 November 2009

Oh, Starbucks Holiday Cups... You Complete Me...

Well, it's that time of year! Time for my annual ode to the Starbucks Holiday Cups and the Peppermint Mochas/Eggnog Lattes they tend to contain.


I was on my way to the farmers market to meet my Grandmother and pick up her winter veggies along with my pie pumpkins before they close at Thanksgiving, when I swung by Starbucks. And then, my day was made.


The holiday cups and specialty drinks are back (pictured here it all its glory next to farmers market potato pancakes)! And apparently have been for a while!

Now, these little red cups of awesome bring me such an irrational and disproportionate amount of joy that I sometimes have trouble expressing it. But sadly, before you know it, they're gone, well before my holiday season has ended, and I'm left pouty and holiday cupless.

This year, though, I decided to take action. No longer am I to undergo that annual disappointment of walking into Starbucks on Russian Christmas only to find the regular old cups! No longer must I endure the end of my holiday season without that perfectly red cylindrical container of happiness! No longer, I say!


So I bought a more permanent version. Mug and Christmas tree ornament. That's right, Chronos. I've outsmarted you.

Kind of.

And before I forget, it's Monday! Music to Knit By Time!

For our pre-Thanksgiving selection, I bring to you a traditional American folk tune arranged for choir. There is something so simple and beautiful about the harmonies in this version, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is one of the best choirs around. I'm a sucker for a good puritan melody at any time (kind of ironic considering my background), and this is just sounds especially proud and pilgrimmy to me. Especially the bit in the middle with the men. Sends shivers down my spine. There's nothing like an amazing men's choir. Really.

So, for your pre-Thanksgiving pleasure, Lunaticraft presents to you, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing arranged by Mack Wilberg, and performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.


Enjoy!

-l.c.

7 comments:

zcrescendo said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the holiday drinks, but have you tried the Peppermint Mocha frap? It's the best thing I've ever tasted, once you get beyond the fact that you're drinking something cold when it's 30-40 degrees out.

Awesome selection. I love Nettleton, which I think is the name of the tune. And yes, go men's voices!

Iron Needles said...

Oh. That was most excellent. I think if I could sing, I would sing All. The. Time.

Boy would that get irritating.

adrienne said...

Oh very nice! I love choral music.

I'm not really a Starbucks fan, but those are nice cups!

Lupie said...

Love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice! I must get a mugThanks for the beatiful music.

mooncalf said...

Yay for the Red Cups. I love Gingerbread lattes.

In the UK they even get us all excited with "The Red Cups Are Coming' posters...

And the brown paper bags have snow flakes on :)

DrChopSuey said...

Mmmmm Peppermint mocha... mmmmmmm..... I am running across campus in a few I might have to make a stop at the 'Bucks!

Amanda said...

Nice cups - great music!