14 January 2010

Putting it in perspective...


It's so easy to get bogged down in the little things. To let the minutia of every day life hijack your attention and force the bigger picture out of sight and out of mind.


So easy to focus on the stressful, and take the good for granted.


Sometimes I just need to stop and remind myself how lucky I really am to be able to rejoice in something as simple as a winter day's walk.


A snow covered puppy snout.


Or snow against an electric blue sky.


Sometimes I just need to remember that if my biggest problems in this world are academic stress and poor body image, then I really should count myself as one of the luckiest around.

-l.c.

9 comments:

zcrescendo said...

What a mood lifter of an entry. I second all of it! (Except of course your need for "poor body image." I mean, have you seen ME lately?)

fishy89 said...

Might I say that the picture of the bare-treed forest against the very blue sky is fantastic. I'm very tempted to steal it for my desktop background.

However, I must say that I wish that academic stress and poor body image were my only problems :(

Lupie said...

Amen!

Iron Needles said...

It is all about perspective.

And having it.

Amanda said...

I like!

lara griffiths said...

well said. thank you for the reminder, i know i could use a lesson in focusing on the good things!

happy new year to you!

Abbey said...

what a beautiful post! The pictures are such a treat! Thank you for the reminder to take joy from life, and carry it in the heart!

adrienne said...

Beautiful pictures, and so so true.

DrChopSuey said...

Hugs girl! Beautiful blog post!