19 January 2012

A WIP Finally Out of Limbo


Hey... remember this? My irregular granny square afghan?

Yea, well, I just did too. Almost 3 years after starting (and finishing) all the squares for it, I finally got around to crocheting it together. While the ends aren't woven in yet, I'm pretty proud of myself. It's my first officially "completed" afghan, and I'm in love.

As of right now, it's about the size of a twin bed, and IMPOSSIBLE to photograph. So naturally, I'm toying with the idea of making it bigger and even harder to get a picture of.


See, here's the problem: I'm not happy with the edging. Not in the least bit. BUT I'm not sure what to do about it. Though you can't see in the pictures, what I've done is just gone around the thing granny-style with a couple rounds of white, and finished off with a 1 round border of green. And I don't know how to describe it other than it just looks... blah. The main body of the afghan is so interesting! But then there's just this hurried, half-baked looking border.

So I'm debating with myself what to do. It looks far too simple. But at the same time, I don't want the border to get so busy that it takes the attention away from the main squares.

So I will keep staring at it, and keep mulling the issue over. Any suggestions are welcomed with open arms, of course.

Hopefully, I will be able to come to a resolution soon so I can get it off the floor before the woofers claims it officially as her own.


-l.c.

3 comments:

Timiae said...

Love it!!! Has it really been that long since you started? Where does time go?! Seems like I was just looking at the progress pics yesterday. For the border, I would just do a few more rounds in the purple or alternate them or something to make it more substantial, but not distracting. Not a fancy solution, but I think it's what I would do.

DrChopSuey said...

Oh my I remember when you started this! How beautiful it has turned out! I'm not an expert at borders - but I'm sure you will figure something out.

BTW your pup looks so cute and comfy on your blanket :)

Amanda said...

Love it! And I agree with Timiae's suggestion.