05 February 2012

Cozy Cozy Kogarashi


An FO!

Wait... really?

YES! Shockingly enough, I've actually finished a project in less than two years.

I started off with two skeins of Noro Kogarashi and four skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky (now discontinued) that I had picked out/been given for Christmas two years ago.


And I ended up with this!

It's just a basic Noro Striped Scarf a la Jared Flood. Quick, easy, non-complicated, but with yummy yummy results.


I was pretty shocked at how far the Kogarashi went - I only used one of the skeins of the Kogarashi (and about 2 1/2 of the Debbie bliss) and the scarf is over six feet long! I thought for sure I'd need both.


The scarf itself is super cozy and colorful, and its impossible for me to catch the full effect of it on camera due to how long it is. One of these days I'll commission the boyfriend to help me do a quick photo shoot with me wearing it.

In the meantime I'm faced with the question of... what to do with the left over yarn? I'm thinking matching headband or hat. Or mittens. Or... or... I'm not really all that sure.

Time to get my thinkin' cap on!


-l.c.

4 comments:

adrienne said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! A matching something would be amazing :)

petrina said...

oh wow! the colours are absolutely gorgeous - I want to make one too :) Is the Noro Kogorashi soft? What colourway is this?

Timiae said...

Beautiful! Looks soooo soft

Amanda said...

That's gorgeous! Love the colours.