24 April 2012

Popping In...


Just popping in to give a quick update and let the blogosphere know I'm still around. School has been crazy crazy, and I've been swamped with grading for the past few weeks. This will be the fourth semester I'm doing this, but I still can't seem to find a way to grade term papers that does not take almost 45 minutes per paper. And with over 100 of them to get through, needless to say I've been busy.

I suppose it's my own fault for assigning it in the first place, though, so c'est la vie!

When I get too burned out from reading, I have been keeping my hands busy with a project... a ripple blanket.


It's just Red Heart yarn, since anything intended for blanket use needs to be super washable in my house. I'm about halfway through the "pattern" that I created with a stripe generator I found online (about 4 years ago now) and it's big enough to cover my legs and tuck under my feet while I'm working on it.

I am also still working on those improvements to the blog, including new features, book reviews, cleaning up the archives, and overall getting this thing to a more active place. Unfortunately though, the way things are going, it seems like those updates aren't going to be able to be put into action until summer hits. Planning and organizing and drafting are going at a snail's pace due to my eight thousand other commitments. But I haven't forgot about it!


For now, though, back to the grading marathon!

 -l.c.

P.S. - I am so not a fan of the new blogger look/functionality.

2 comments:

Timiae said...

Beautiful!!! I love the colors!

Oooo... I have that book on the bookshelf and have been wanting to read it. Thanks for reminding me!

Amanda said...

The blanket is lovely. That it such a great stitch for a blanket. Good luck with the grading - may it soon pass!